- Ph.D. in Economic, Harvard University 2021
- Bachelor in Economics and Mathematics, Tsinghua University, 2016
Dr. Yang You obtained his PhD degree in Economics from Harvard University in 2021. He also holds Bachelors in Mathematics and Economics from Tsinghua University. Prior to joining HKU, he worked for Tower Research Capital as quant trader and interned at Facebook Libra.
Yang’s research interest lies in Fintech, Economics of Internet, Alternative data & asset prices, Culture & Institution, and Chinese Economy.
- Investment Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Digital Currency
- Alternative Data and Pricing
- Behavioral Finance
- Chinese Economy
- Development Economics
- “Redeemable Platform Currencies” (with Kenneth Rogoff), The Review of Economic Studies, forthcoming.
- “Converging to Convergence” (with Michael Kremer and Jack Willis), NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2021, 36, 2021, 337-412.
- “Bubbles for Fama” (with Robin Greenwood and Andrei Shleifer), Journal of Financial Economics, 131(1), 2019, 20-43.
- Fama-DFA Best Paper
As a teacher, I will push myself to understand the expectations of local employers' and the market dynamics of Hong Kong.
Fascinated by the unpredictable financial world, Dr. Yang YOU seeks to give form to intangible phenomena with scientific methodologies. Devoted to spend his lifetime probing at the frontiers of human knowledge, Dr. You has officially joined us in July 2021 as an Assistant Professor in Finance.