- Ph.D., M.A., B.S., The University of Hong Kong
- M.A., City University of Hong Kong
Dr. HO Chi Pui is a lecturer in the HKU Business School since 2021. He graduated from the University of Hong Kong with B.S. in Actuarial Science and Master of Economics, and obtained his Ph.D. in Economics in 2016. He has also obtained a M.A. in Public Policy and Management from City University of Hong Kong in 2018. After graduation from HKU, he has served as an economist in the Hong Kong SAR Government, as well as a lecturer in the Programme in Data Science and Policy Studies at The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Dr. Ho’s teaching and research interests focus on macroeconomics, economic growth, data analytics and Hong Kong economy. He has papers published in academic journals including Pacific Economic Review, Global Finance Journal, Open Economics and Economic Letter. These papers covered Efficiency Wage models, Quantitative Easing issues, long-term unemployment rate topics, Optimal Growth theories and the construction of various indicators to monitor Hong Kong’s economy. He has also developed and updated the Hong Kong primary housing price index and market premium.
- Economic Growth
- Hong Kong Economy
Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Wu Joseph S. K. and Chi-Pui Ho. 2017. “The Shapiro-Stiglitz Model with Non-constant Marginal Utility,” Open Economics, 1(1), 36-48.
- Herbst, Anthony F., Joseph S.K. Wu and Chi-Pui Ho. 2014. “Quantitative Easing Policy in an Open Economy: Not a Liquidity Trap but a Reserve Trap.” Global Finance Journal 25(1), 1-16. (Lead article)
- Herbst, Anthony F., Joseph S.K. Wu and Chi-Pui Ho. 2012. “Relationship between risk attitude and economic recovery in optimal growth theory.” Global Finance Journal 23(3), 141-150. (Lead article)
- Wu, Joseph S.K. and Chi-Pui Ho. 2012. “Towards a more complete efficiency-wage theory.” Pacific Economic Review 17(5), 660-676.
Publications in Government Websites:
- Ho, Chi-Pui. 2019. “Stylised facts on business cycles in Hong Kong,” Economic Letter, 2019/07, Office of the Government Economist.
- Ho, Chi-Pui. 2019. “Composite economic indicators in Hong Kong,” Economic Letter, 2019/08, Office of the Government Economist.
- Ho, Chi-Pui. 2019. “Measuring the stock of human capital in Hong Kong,” Economic Letter, 2019/09, Office of the Government Economist.